These are extraordinary times and I hope you and your family are keeping healthy, safe and in good spirits.
As you know, Governor DeWine has issued a State of Emergency to respond to COVID-19 on March 9, 2020. A declaration of emergency was necessary – allowing the state government to access federal funds and to quickly purchase necessary medical equipment without the usual bidding process.
As you are also aware, the Department of Health Director, Dr. Amy Acton along with the Governor, have issued a “Stay at Home Order” on March 23rd that is no doubt, impacting our daily lives.
My approach to this crisis is two-fold. The first is getting you the help you need during this time and keeping you informed. The second is putting our economy, schools and businesses back to a position of strength and stability.
Thank you for your diligence and patience during this time and please stay safe. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please contact my office in Columbus by phone at (614) 466-8056 or by e-mail at Dolan@OhioSenate.gov.
For the latest updates on COVID-19 please see the links below:
Important Election Information
You are still able to vote in the Primary election via mail in ballot. For the latest information about the postponement of Ohio’s Primary Election, please visit the Secretary of State’s website. The Ohio Senate worked collaboratively with the Governor and the Secretary of State on any legislation necessary to deal with this unique and challenging set of circumstances.
- Extends absent voting in the March 17, 2020, primary election through April 28, 2020
- Under the Bill, requirement of the Secretary of State to mail a postcard to person with information about voting
- Requires the board to prepay the return postage on ballots sent to electors
- Allows for provisional ballots
To vote by mail:
- Request ballot from Cuyahoga County Board of Elections website – Mail ballot back prior to April 25
- All votes already submitted by mail or in-person will count
- Only those registered to vote by the primary deadline of February 17th are eligible to vote